The RMF “Project Penske” Get Jazzed Jams are:
- An opportunity for students to meet and play jazz with professional musicians
- A way to learn more about jazz performance in a fun, supportive environment
- A great way to meet musicians from other schools
- A real-time way to learn these skills – improvisation, musical styles, performing as a unit, reading chord changes, keeping your place in a song, listening to each other, and to jazz!
- A chance to do all this at your own school!
- FREE!! And open to the public!
RMF “Project Penske” Get Jazzed Jams are a program of Reading Musical Foundation. For questions, contact Coordinator Mike Eben at info@GetJazzEDBerks.com, 610-914-5367.
TO SCHEDULE A JAZZ JAM AT YOUR SCHOOL…
Email Mike at info@GetJazzEDBerks.com with subject line “Jazz Jam Registration.” Include the school name, director’s name, phone number and email contact. We’ll be in touch to confirm!
CLICK HERE for the RMF Get Jazzed Jam photo gallery.
Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 7:00 pm
Tulpehocken JR/SR High School
430 New Schaefferstown Rd, Bernville, PA 19506
Featuring Marty Mellinger Trio
Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 7:00 pm
Hamburg Strand Theatre
6 South Fourth St, Hamburg, PA 19526
Wednesday, March tba, 2018,7:00 pm
Wilson West Middle School
450 Faust Rd, Reading, PA 19608
Monday, April 9, 2018, 7:00 PM
Inn at Reading as part of Boscov’s Berks Jazz Fest
1040 Park Road, Wyomissing, PA 19610
With special guests Albert Rivera and Eric Marienthal, saxophone
Featuring Lars Potteiger Trio