FESTIVAL GENERAL GUIDELINES
- This festival is limited to High School jazz bands who’s participants are all under the age of 19 as of January 1, 2018.
- Limited to one ensemble per school.
- Each band will receive 30 minutes time on stage which includes set-up, tuning, 18 minutes of performance time, and exit from stage.
- A warm-up room will be available to each band 30 minutes prior to their scheduled performance time.
- Repertoire should include three contrasting selections or no more than 18 minutes of performance time.
- Each band will be announced by the event emcee.
- Closer to the event date Directors will be asked to provide scores and additional information.
- Get JazzED, Boscov’s Berks Jazz Fest nor the DoubleTree by Hilton are responsible for any lost equipment, instruments, music, etc.
- Registration is limited to six ensembles and is first-come-first-serve.
- Registration will open October 1, 2017 and closes February 9, 2018.
- Complete registration form may be submitted via postal mail, email or fax. You will receive an email confirmation upon receipt.
- Bands will receive a written and verbal critique and participation rating from three judges.
- Awards will be given to outstanding sections, soloists and one overall outstanding soloist.
- All ensembles are expected to remain for the awards presentation.
- GetJazzED will provide: a full backline (w/cymbals), amps, monitors, mics, piano, stands, chairs in both rehearsal room and performance room.
- Bands must bring: mallets, electric keyboard if needed, patch cables for guitar and bass players.
- Secure storage area will be provided.
- It is important that you notify us immediately if you cannot attend the festival so that we can offer your time slot to another band.
- It is understood that participating bands or schools receive no compensation for the use of videos, photographs by Boscov’s Berks Jazz Fest and Get JazzED.
- Ticket and Program sponsor and advertising information will be sent to the Director upon receipt of registration.
CLICK HERE to download this information
GJ FESTIVAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Chair: Millie Eben
Fax: 610-898-1932 (Berks Arts Council)
Postal mail: Berks Arts Council, Get JazzED HS Festival, PO Box 854, Reading PA 19603